Thursday 9 March 2017

Dream Team's Center-back - Nemanja Vidic


This one is going to be long, people. So, bear with me.
            Back in my high-school years my friends and I used to play at a football field in our neighborhood. Everyone else wanted to play like Ronaldinho, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. Dribbling past opponents, selfishly scoring goals and producing fancy assists (only if necessary), on the other hand, I was different. While everyone else desired to be a wizard and a prolific predator. I was busy ruining all the magic casts and preying the predators with combative actions, aggressive tackles and fearless aerial duels. Everyone else seemed to be uneasy and intimidated that until this one time my friend said, “Yo, chill man. Who are you supposed to be anyway?” I answered proudly, “Nemanja Vidic”. Ever since that moment every time we had a conversation regarding the toughest, meanest and best defenders, his name would guaranteedly always be the first one coming up to the surface.
Well, that is from regular people, what about the words from the professional? Here is a quote from Thiago Silva in 2012 when he was considered the best defender in the world at that time:
“I thank everyone who says that I’m the best. But, for me, Manchester Untied’s Nemanja Vidic is the best.”
The praises saying that a certain player is the best and the example is very classic, right? Now, I give you the quote from Robin van Persie which presumably fits Vidic the most.
“Nemanja puts his head where other players are scared to put their feet, that’s Nemanja”.
He is a traditional center-back and aggressive tackler but it is his aerial ability that would make any striker squeals and runs home to his mama. He is so great in the air that even Zeus himself would not dare to strike him.
To solidify all these arguments? He is a 2-time EPL best player and along with two other players are the ones with most awards. The other two? Thierry Henry and Cristiano Ronaldo.

No comments:

Post a Comment